This is the quickest Spanish recipe and has to be reliably the most scrummy. What a great example of perfectly healthy Spanish tapa.
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves of crushed garlic
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 whole dried chili pepper crushed- not too hot.
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from one lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lb 20 large fresh shrimp deveined and peeled.
On a medium high heat in a large frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add the fresh shrimp
- Fry for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, chili, salt and black pepper
- Sauté another minute over high heat.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, white wine and another generous splash of olive oil.
- Sauté until shrimp is fully cooked, and liquid is slightly reduced another minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rustic bread to soak up the lemony, olive oil.